The Superintendent is a certified educational leader appointed by the Board of Education to function as its chief executive officer. It is the Superintendent's responsibility:
- to supervise the daily district operations
- to implement programs and execute policies adopted by the Board of Education
- to bring recommendations to the Board for action in carrying on the work of the school district
- to advise the Board on matters concerning management of the schools
- to keep the Board informed of district needs and up-to-date on the progress of school programs
- to serve as a resource for educational expertise
In preparation for Board meetings, the Superintendent and administrative staff put together recommendations and reports for Board consideration. The Superintendent and Board President work together to prepare each meeting's agenda, which is the formal order of business for the Board.